Fearing that some one may touch when alone. How to avoid this?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 17 May 2013 in Mental Health
Question: Could you please tell me one or more non harmful spray name then I can request and buy them from a parmacy?My perants have protected me atleast not allow any one to touch my self.But I have a fear in my mind that some one may try to touch my self when I miss them.What should I do to avoid this feeling?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 33 minutes later
Hello
Welcome to Health Care Magic

From the available history I was not able to understand your problem completely. It appears that you have feeling that someone may touch you. And you want to avoid this feeling.

Please mention a little more details of your problem so that I can help you.

Thanks,
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 hours later
Yes. Some times, whatever touch When I am in alone without parents. I need to avoid this feeling.It has become a mental problem.So I need to avoid this feeling.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 20 minutes later
Hello
Welcome again

It seems that you are having symptoms of OCD. In OCD irresistible urge to do or to not to do something occurs. Individual tries to avoid or suppress these thoughts and can't able to control them. This produces stress in individual.
I would advise you to visit a Psychiatrist for proper opinion. There is no need to spray some disinfectant spray or other. Medicines like Fluoxetine, Paroxetine are very useful and control OC symptoms easily.
Apart from that Behavior Therapy is also other non medicinal option.
Try to do yoga, meditation and relaxation exercises to boost your confidence.
If not controlled in time it may lead to development of stress and depression.

Hope I solved your doubt, If you have more question you can ask again.
Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
no i meant if there is such a risk what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
If there is such a risk try to avoid that situation by behavioural modification. There's nothing abnormal in you. You are just a little bit stressed. Try to follow rela action and behavioural methods.

Hope it solves, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
If I explain the question that I have a doubt in my mind like this.

If others know that my perants are missed, some one may try to touch me for unnecessary reasons.
what should I do?
I am thinking that when I am alone , following questions may be arisen
1.Kidnap
2.try to do a harm to my self by touching
3.Put me in a financial trouble and try to touch me either for sexual pleasure or whatever reason.
4.Put me in a legal trouble and try to touch me either for sexual pleasure or whatever reason.
5.Touch my self due to war
6.Rape
Please be kind enough to protect my privacy of above questions and answer me solutions.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 55 minutes later
Hello
Welcome again

I have understood your problem completely. There is no need to get stressed. It is a common problem in a lot of youngsters with over protective parents. Due to over protective parenting individual becomes ambivalent or he may think of doing one thing and not doing same thing at the same time. Indecisiveness arises and due to chronic anxiety obsessive ideas develop.
Now let me explain your problem to you-
You have ideas that if you will miss your parents and others will come to know about this something bad will happen. It may be inflicting harm by touching yourself, putting you in a financial or legal trouble, rape etc. These ideas are recurrent, repetitive, against your will, you try to avoid these ideas but you can't avoid. You are aware of that the ideas are purposeless and meaningless but still you are not able to control these ideas.
This is an obsession friend.
I would again advise you to consult a Psychiatrist. Apart from medicines you can try Behavior Therapy.
Behavior Therapy is a detailed psychological management technique. It includes relaxation training to individual, after relaxation individual is asked to make a list of his/her symptoms in order of severity, then the thing which is least distressing is brought in mind firstly, the distress produced is avoided by relaxation technique, with time individual attain mastery over his/her symptoms and he can easily suppress the wrong ideas.
Thought stopping technique is other modality of treatment in Behavior Therapy.

Please talk to any of your close friend or you parents directly about this problem, there is nothing to fear, you will not face any danger. You have to come out of it.

Hope I cleared your doubt, still if you have more questions you can ask again in follow up

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
I hope Indian government will not hesitated to help if there will be such issue.Also , I think LKR 40,000,000,000 will be enough for my whole life security and safety needs to be accomplished.I hope I could be able to receive it.I think there are lot of Billionaries in India who have more than wealth of that.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 12 minutes later
Hello again

No one can help you better than you yourself. You have to control your concerns by own. Don't hesitate to discuss this with anyone. If you have more queries you can ask again at any time. Wish you a good health.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Now I am living with less financial strength than above.That is the only circumstance relevant to above question.Howfar, I increase my safety facilities, I think I should be safe.
Eg: Fix a high security alarm system to the vehicle.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Hello again

As you are really concerned about the safety of you, just to get relieved of stress you can increase the safety measures. There is no harm in doing this but anything you do please take consent of your parents or any close friend.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
I hope I will not be fallen in such a issue for even more than 1000 aeons times or forever.
I have not a very close friend right now other than perants. That is why I feel fear when I miss them.
Now safty features prices are very expensive.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 19 minutes later
Hello again
This is the reason I am advising you to please talk to your parents regarding the problem. There is no problem in talking with them and nothing wrong will happen.
I hope you will follow my advise.

Thanks, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD