Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Fatty cysts on arm and breast area. Who to consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Hi. I am a male, age 57. Noticed yesterday two fatty cysts left of my right arm pit and to the right of my right breast area. Sizes are about 2 cm and 1 cm, near the surface and fairly defined. Would like to know who I could consult initially because I don't have a primary care physician yet.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 29 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

These are most likely benign lipomas However I think it would be prudent for you to have a physician perform a focused examination to evaluate these areas.

The type of physician that you would want to seek first would be a primary care physician. This would be a doctor who specializes in family practice or XXXXXXX medicine.

If this physician is unable to confirm that these are my palm is he may ask that you visit with a general surgeon.

Again the first person you want to consult with is a primary care physician.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor