Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Fatness in stomach. Despite exercise it is not reducing. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
Fatness in stomach.Despite excercise it is not reducing
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 30 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
From your description I assume that upper abdominal obesity is your problem.
This is typically described as male pattern of truncal obesity. Now the if you have been having it for quite a few years then it will be very difficult for you to shed the fat.Excessive exercise will not help in any way as it will cause more strain on your knees which should be avoided at all costs.
I would suggest the following.
1. A diet scientifically devised by a professional medical dietician taking into consideration all morbidities.
2. A short duration workout just to keep fit again devised by a physiotherapist taking into consideration your weight and level of physical activity.
3. For the constipation problem , plenty of water, high fiber and a mild laxative like lactulose would be ideal.

I hope this answers your querry.
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor