Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Fatigue, chest pain, hurts to breathe. Have stage one kidney disease. Should I get more labwork done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
HI. I am a 47 year old woman who had a bout of suspected food poisoning over the weekend. I was treated in the hospital ER with fluids, zofran and a narcotic for pain and released. I am still pretty fatigued, which is to be expected. I also have a slight pain in my upper chest, slightly to the left, almost in my back. It hurts a bit when I breath. I have no congestion, and other than the fatigue everything else is back to normal. I do have stage one kidney disease, with no high blood pressure or diabetes, and I do not take any medication for it (followed by a nephrologist, watchful waiting). Other than that I am in good health. Should I get more labwork done, or just give it a few more days? This took place Saturday night, so it has not been a week yet. I feel like the pain could be from vomiting. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Yes, If you had vomiting as a part of food poisoning the pain you have in the chest now could probably be due to the same.

The chest muscles specially the intercoastal muscles suffer sprain during vomiting and do present with sharp to dull pain over time and stay for some time without causing any serious complication.

Do apply pain killer gels like DICLOFENAC gel for sooner recovery.This would suffice.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor