Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Fasting sugar is 136. Should I take the sugar test after meal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
I had gone to test for sugar (Fasting) and result was 136 what to do to control. No medicine as of now what to do ? Whether I should go for testing sugar after meal.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Suggestive of diabetes... Detailed Answer: Hi. As per the current guidelines, your sugar value is suggestive that you suffer from diabetes. The current cut of limit for fasting blood sugar is 126 mg/dl. You will need to repeat the fasting blood sugar along with post prandial blood sugar and glycosylated hemoglobin value. I would also get an ECG, serum creatinine and eye check up done in this circumstance. You need to be started on a suitable hypoglycemic agent which can be decided after repeat testing. I recommend you to visit diabetologist nearby with blood results and plan diabetes treatment at the earliest. In the mean time, avoid high calorie diet. Add fibre rich diet. Start exercises. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor