Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Falling of chips from tooth. Could thyroid be a reason of this and what is the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dentist, Pedodontics
Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 24 Questions
Hi there.

I am stopping ESA and was informing them my last date would be the 12th August as my situation will change tomorrow. The thing is today I had a chip in my tooth fall out. Do I need to get a Doctors Note just for one day to extend ESA or does the NHS have any kind of buffer of a day or two.

Also how long can you leave a chip in the front tooth and is it OK to fly if I just had one done?
I wont be earning any money, I am just to move in with my boyfriend.
Additionally, what are the reasons a filling keeps falling out.

i do have some general unexplained problems they believe may be something like MS
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Amitabha Chakraborty 16 hours later
Thanks for the query. Well, You have used too much abbreviation and that is difficult to understand. I do not understand 'ESA'. As an Indian I have not much idea about NHS rules and regulations. If you can extend your service period for couple of days, then it will be fine. The main problem that you have is falling of chips from your tooth. If your tooth in a good condition then falling of chip is unexpected. If the tooth is brittle because of some congenital conditions then by this age you should have lost most part of your teeth. So that is not also true.Thyroid problems does not cause any tooth weakness and I should not assume what you mean by 'MS'. Any way, whatever the cause that results in chipping out of tooth, it can be repaired within 20 minutes, at least for the time being, by using a material called Composite resin . Your tooth will look absolutely natural if it is done by an expert hand. For that, you have to extend your NHS service period for a day and contact a local dentist who can repair it immediately.
Hope I have clarified your queries. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor