Fall down from stage. Have swelling when sit or stand for long time. Is everything okay?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I fell off a stage and jammed the inner part of my right knee against the edge of the stage. I can walk fine ( with some soreness) but there is still soreness after 11 days and my ankle swells when I stand of sit for a long time. The fall was on XXXXXXX 1st. Now is XXXXXXX 11th.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

I am Dr.Saurabh Gupta and I am pleased to answer your query.

If you are able to bear the weight on your limb without much pain then a bone injury is unlikely.It might be ligament injury.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Beside limb elevation, you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Wishing you good health...

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.