Owl Image

Ask a Urologist   »  

Fairly hard cardio workout on elyptical this morning for 40

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Fairly hard cardio workout on elyptical this morning for 40 minutes. Tip of penis began getting sore but thought it was not I big deal. Had to quit early when pain became worse. After taking off “older underwear” there was blood about 3” round and thin on the underwear. No apparent cuts but tip is very red around ureathra. Maybe a minor discharge if I sqeeze the tip. Something to worry about or just an abrasion on the tip that doesn’t seem to be there? This happened very quick. No symptoms prior to exercising?!
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to trivial injury to external Urinary meatus .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted bleeding from urethral opening and soreness at the tip of the penis that you have noticed after hard exercise could be due to trivial injury to delicate urethral mucosa caused by rubbing of the tip of the penis against the inner wears during hard exercise.

There is nothing to be worried about .It should get healed up within 4-5 days .

In the mean while take pain killers like Brufen twice daily .

Wash your genitals with warm water twice daily and apply Neosporin ointment

Ensure to drink more water .

Use loose inner wears till symptoms subsides .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Fairly hard cardio workout on elyptical this morning for 40 27 hours later
Hello
This issue seems to be feeling better but noticed a couple times I was able to squeeze a small amount of puss like fluid from the tip. Should I be worried about an STD?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No STD

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

STD stands for Sexually Transmitted Disease .When there is no sex involved in your case ,you should not think of STD .

The pus like discharge is mostly a serous discharge from injured mucosa .

It will get cured within a week .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.