Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Fainted, suffered mild head injury. Getting headache and tightness in neck. Should I consult a doctor?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5576 Questions
I fainted 2 days ago in the shower and fell out and hit my head on the tile. I woke up about 15 seconds later. My friend helped me up and we went to sleep. Since then I have felt dazed and had a headache. My neck is very tight and aches and my nose hurts even though I didn't hit it. Should I go to the doctor or will I be fine in a few days?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, you have suffered only a mild head injury, and there are very little chances of any XXXXXXX brain injury.

You would improve on your own in a few days and hence, there is no need to go to the doctor.

For symptom relief, you can take ibuprofen (for headache) and betahistine (for dizziness).

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor