Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Faded vision in eye due to stress and fluid leak. Can I get back my normal vision?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
Dear Doc...
I consulted an Eye surgeon in year 2011 due to a faded vision in my right eye. The doc
told me that was due to stress and consequently a fluid leak. No treatment was given by the doc saying that it would settle in time to come. Now my vision is much better. Herewith I have attached reports done in 2011. Kindly advise/explain if this would turn to normal back to 100%. I do night shifts and is this going to be harmful together working in front of computers.Also at times my eyes go RED and a feel of burn. Is there any eye drops that you could prescribe to ease this. Thanks !
Sorry should be the LEFT EYE and NOT the Right !!!!!
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 21 hours later
Thank you for your query.Do not panic.
Watering of the eyes in your case is due to prolonged stress and probably due to prolonged exposure to computer screens.
Between work shifts give your eyes some rest. Apply some moisol or methylcellulose based eyes drops to prevent dryness of the eyes.
Your reports only show minor refractory changes.
Wear sunglasses in the sun,splash your eyes with water at regular intervals,take lots of fluids.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Faded vision in eye due to stress and fluid leak. Can I get back my normal vision? 1 hour later
Dear Doc...
Many thanks for your advice...
<< moisol or methylcellulose based eyes drops >> Can I use this
long term as and when required...
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Please do so.
They keep your eyes clean and moist.
Can be used long term,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor