Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Facing problem of premature ejaculation and soft erection. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
My penis no proper working
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 8 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Can you tell me what is the exact problem you are facing? How long have you been facing this problem? Do you have an inability to get a proper erection? Are you married? Do you have any problems related to masturbation? Do you smoke or consume alcohol or any other drugs?

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Facing problem of premature ejaculation and soft erection. How to cure this? 30 hours later
My problem is with my penis when I start sex I am finish in 2 minute and after my penis no going hard and my penis is small about 5'1/2 inch and no too thick plz tell me solution my English is not too good if u tell me in Hindi that's very better for me I am very fed up from my penis
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 22 hours later
Hello again and thanks for your clarifications.

From your description of your symptoms, I can see that you are having the following sexual problems:
1) Premature ejaculation
2) Erectile dysfunction
3) Worry about small penis size

Now, there can be a variety of causes for your sexual problems - both medical causes as well as psychological causes. So, the first and most important step in management is proper evaluation. This will include a thorough physical examination and certain investigations, as per the necessity.

Firstly, any medical causes (like diabetes, hormonal problems, blood flow problems, vitamin deficiencies, etc.) need to be ruled out. For this, I would advise you to have the following tests:
1) Basic blood tests - including hemoglobin, blood sugar, lipid profile (cholesterol), urea, creatinine, Vitamin B12 / folate levels, etc.
2) Testosterone levels - total and free testosterone
3) FSH / LH levels
4) Thyroid function tests
5) Ultrasound doppler of the penis (to check for any blood flow problems)

These tests will give you a clear picture what your sexual problem is due to - any hormonal problems or any other systemic problems or local problems in the penis. According to the diagnosis, further treatment can be planned.

Having said this, I would also like to let you know that in more than 80% of cases of sexual problems in young persons, psychological factors also play a major role in causing or aggravating the problem. Stress, anxiety, fears and doubts regarding sexual performance, feelings of sexual inadequacy, self-doubts, guilt, past negative sexual experiences, etc. can all affect sexual functioning and performance. In such cases, counselling of the person will help in removing the person's doubts and fears, and improve the confidence for sexual performance.

Don't worry, whatever be the cause, there are many treatment options available to help you. For erectile dysfunction, there are medication like Tadalafil, which will improve the blood circulation to the penis and give a good erection. For premature ejaculation, there are medication like Dapoxetine, which will increase the ejaculation time and help you last longer. There are also many sexual techniques which can tackle this problem of premature ejaculation.

So, I would advise you to have all the tests done and then consult a psychiatrist or a sexologist in person, to have a systematic evaluation and sexual counselling.

Don't worry too much about your penis size. In your case, 5 1/2 inches is not abnormal. Moreover, penis size alone is not the only factor for good sexual performance. Try to have a healthy and nutritious diet and exercise regularly. Foods like almonds, pista nuts, cashews, dry fruits, dates, soya, etc. are XXXXXXX in vitamins and minerals and can improve sexual functioning. You can also take a multivitamin plus Zinc supplement (like Zincovit tablet) daily. Avoid smoking, alcohol or any other unecessary medication.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor