Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Facing problem of gastric and back pain. Suggest medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1825 Questions
this is XXXXX age 27 male, from past few months am facing problem of gastic and now a days back pain, what should i do. can u suggest any medition and is gastic problem is responsible for back pain?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
More information needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

Before I can suggest some medication, I would like to have some more information.

1. What exactly do you mean by gastric problem? Do you mean abdominal pain or increased gas or heartburn/burping?
2. Did you take any medication for relief?
3. Do you smoke/consume alcohol?
4. Do you take painkiller medications?
5. Any tests done so far?

Get back to me with the answers and I would give my opinion.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Facing problem of gastric and back pain. Suggest medicine? 19 hours later
1. increased gas always.
2. i use to take omee tablets or aciloc 150mg for gas relief
3. yes i do, average 7 to 8 cigrt.
4. no
5. no
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
further evaluation required

Detailed Answer:

If it is increased belching, then it may be due to gastroesophageal reflux disease or gastroparesis ( slow functioning of stomach) or aerophagia (air swallowing).

Increased flatulence is due to improper digestion or gut infection.

I would suggest that an upper GI endoscopy and a stool test be done to find the cause.
The treatment depends on the cause.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor