Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Facing pain on the upper portion of eyebrow and neck. Medical cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I am facing bit pain on the upper portion of my right eye brow. What could be the problems. Also I am facing neck at the right side.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Thanks for the query.

First of all there appears to be no connection between your pain in eyebrow and your neck pain.
Since you have not given any other information about any of other symptom I am going to reply in general.

The most common causes of eyebrow pain are sinusitis or tension headaches. Sinusitis is caused by an infection in the sinus cavity, which lies behind the face. During the immune response against the infection, the sinuses become inflamed and produce pain.

Tension headaches are a feeling of pain or discomfort in the area of the head, especially around the eyebrows. These types of headaches often feel as though the head is being compressed. The exact reason for a tension headache is rarely known, but some of the more common causes are lack of sleep, stress, or the onset of a cold or flu.

Similarly the most common cause of neck pain is injury to the soft tissues, including the muscles, tendons, and ligaments within these structures. Degenerative arthritis of the spine in the neck (cervical spine) can pinch nerves that can cause neck pain. Degenerative disc disease in the neck (cervical spondylosis) or disc herniation can cause local neck pain or disc herniation can also cause radiating pain in neck.

I advise you to just take some anti inflammatory like paracetamol 500mg three times a day for 3 to 4 days and steam inhalation if cold is present.
Take proper sleep.

If your pain persists or increases ,then you should consult a doctor and get yourself examined ,investigated if required and treated.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor