Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Facing light headedness, loss of appetite and migraine problem. Effective remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 567 Questions
I have been experinece light headness for about week now. Occupied with this is a loss of appetite, migraines, and over-heating at nighttime. Off and on symptoms would be chest pains. I go to the gym regulary and at night sleep with a fan on us. I am 5'4 and 111 lbs.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I am Dr. XXXXXXX I will try my level best to help you.

After reading your query i understand that your are facing light headedness which is about a week long by now.

The major causes for light headedness are

Most common cause of the symptom for women of your age is mostly hormonal changes and you may be about to enter the menopause, it seems mostly like pre menopausal scenario.
It comprise of changes (may occur) like
1) Increase in body temperature like over heating,Hot flashes
2) Breast tenderness
3) Decreased libido (sex drive)
4) Fatigue
5) Irregular periods
6) Vaginal dryness; discomfort during sex
7) Mood swings
8) Difficulty sleeping
9) loss of appetite ,

OTHER possible cause is frequent changes in the weather which increase the frequency of migraine attacks. Most of the times people guess they are having migraines but they may be facing only simple headaches as their are many types of headaches and need an expert to diagnose a migraine. I feel you may only have a simple kind of head ache due to changes in hormones, still I need more information about the headache in order to diagnose as migraine if never diagnosed by any other physician.

Please relax and follow the below mentioned advice and feel free to contact me if in need.

If you are facing above mentioned symptoms Visit local physician and try to get your self to be tested for changes in FSH, LH, ESTROGEN levels in blood.
Mean while try to monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
If pressure is LOWER then 90/70 mm/hg try to drink some salty drinks,
If feeling dizzy get some high sugar drink like coke/ pepsi.

Please let me know if you need more information, I will be more then happy to answer any questions you may need answer to.

Thanks for the query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor