Owl Image

Facing hair fall problem. What should I do?

Question
HI Doctor,
In fact i was facing hair fall problem will you suggest me something. What should i do?
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

I understand your concern. I think you must be losing hairs significantly (more than 100 hairs/day). If so, we must know what the cause for loss of hairs is.

Common baldness is more commonly seen in males. To know more about what could be causing the hair fall, I would like to know the following:
A) Is it general or limited to an area?
B) Is there is any infection like fungal?
C) Do you suffer with Hypo or Hyperthyroid problems?
D) Any trauma to hairs (sometimes self induced)?
E) Any X XXXXXXX Exposure?
F) Any kind of chemical Injury?
G) Any skin disease?
H) Systemic illness like Anaemia?

Telogen effluvium is a conditional shedding of abnormally large quantity of hairs in situations like certain stresses such as surgery, acute febrile illness, acute psychiatric illness or severe emotional or physical trauma.
If any specific cause is there then we can advise to consult specific expert.

In the mean time have well balanced diet nutritious diet and exercise regularly. It is also important to reduce stress by some yoga and meditation - this helps in treating hair fall. Keep your head clean with good shampoo and condition them with good conditioner protect from direct sunlight.

Hope this suffices for now. I await your reply to comment more about this problem.