Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Facing hair fall problem. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
HI Doctor,
In fact i was facing hair fall problem will you suggest me something. What should i do?
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

I understand your concern. I think you must be losing hairs significantly (more than 100 hairs/day). If so, we must know what the cause for loss of hairs is.

Common baldness is more commonly seen in males. To know more about what could be causing the hair fall, I would like to know the following:
A) Is it general or limited to an area?
B) Is there is any infection like fungal?
C) Do you suffer with Hypo or Hyperthyroid problems?
D) Any trauma to hairs (sometimes self induced)?
E) Any X XXXXXXX Exposure?
F) Any kind of chemical Injury?
G) Any skin disease?
H) Systemic illness like Anaemia?

Telogen effluvium is a conditional shedding of abnormally large quantity of hairs in situations like certain stresses such as surgery, acute febrile illness, acute psychiatric illness or severe emotional or physical trauma.
If any specific cause is there then we can advise to consult specific expert.

In the mean time have well balanced diet nutritious diet and exercise regularly. It is also important to reduce stress by some yoga and meditation - this helps in treating hair fall. Keep your head clean with good shampoo and condition them with good conditioner protect from direct sunlight.

Hope this suffices for now. I await your reply to comment more about this problem.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor