Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Facing a problem of Erectile Dysfunction. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Facing a problem of Erectile Dysfunction
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 57 minutes later
I only wish you had provided with some more details. Erectile dysfunction in a young adult usually has no major organic cause, and often responds dramatically well to drugs belonging to a group of drugs called 'PDE5 Inhibitors', most noted of which is Viagra.
However, I suggest before taking these tablets please give a few more basic details as to your libido (i.e intention to have intercourse), and do you have nocturnal penile erections when you sleep, especially in the early mornings, and whether you have any problem in ejaculation, i.e., is it too quick, or is it too delayed.
Also, if you can quantify the degree of dysfunction on a scale of 1-10, it would be useful to assess response at a later date.
Also, some more details as to whether you are a hypertensive, do you have any visual problems, and allergies will also be useful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Facing a problem of Erectile Dysfunction. How to cure it? 14 minutes later
Hi Dr. I am having very less intention to have intercourse, No nocturnal erections but when i see some movie or very low excitement then white water begins to come out, i try to do intercourse with in a minute i discharged.
and degree of dysfunction is 7 and some time i feel visual problem as well.
And one more thing Dr. I met with a physician he checked me and tell me to inject an injection beside my p. He was saying that my blood vessel would be open by doing this and and full erections will come so should i go for that.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 14 minutes later
Hi, I suggest you get some tests done. The basic of these would be serum total testosterone. This should be done ideally at 8 a.m. You also might need a test called penile Doppler. This will involve an injection of a drug through a very small needle into the base of your penis following which the radiologist will check if your penis is receiving adequate blood supply or is there inadequate flow or is there some leak.
If the serum testosterone levels come out to be normal, you will most likely benefit from use of drug called tadalafil if required in combination with another drug to help the erections stay longer.
If Testosterone is low, you will require to be examined for why it is low, and also be started on Testosterone replacement as medicines.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Facing a problem of Erectile Dysfunction. How to cure it? 7 minutes later
Hi Dr,
Is it urine test or sth else or something should be inserted in my p just like Angiography and what would be the cost of it.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 4 minutes later
Testosterone estimation is by means of a blood test done at around 8 a.m ideally.
The penile doppler is something like an ultrasound examination. This is not an easy tests, in that, you should approach a good hospital with a well experienced radiologist for this . i suggest that if you are in Ghaziabad, you could consult some of the capital's leading hospitals like AIIMS. Otherwise, in any private hospital, it could cost between 2000- 5000Rs, I think. It is not like an angiogram - a drug is sent into the penis and immediately the needle is withdrawn. It usually does not cause severe pain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Facing a problem of Erectile Dysfunction. How to cure it? 5 minutes later
That much amount is fine for me Dr, Now one more question. I am just thinking to go in XXXXXXX hospital in Delhi or in Kailash hospital is they fine and are you also near by me.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 28 minutes later
Hi, I am based in Hyderabad. I think XXXXXXX might be fine, though the rates could be higher there. I am not familiar with Kailash.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Facing a problem of Erectile Dysfunction. How to cure it? 12 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 3 days later
You are welcome.

Please close this discussion if you have no more queries.

Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor