Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Face is shaking from cheek to ear after watching television with headphones. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. Pratap VGM


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 869 Questions

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: for a short period after watching tv with headphones i cant control part of my face from shaking left cheek up to left ear starts and stops what should i do to stop this or do i need to see a doctor
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Straining of Tympanic membrane

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

I thoroughly reviewed your case

There will be a tolerance level for your membrane which is present in the ear. If you increase the volume which is ideal than the normal range then you will experience the symptoms which you have mentioned

Though I don't see any concerning issue here, I would suggest you to get your ear checked through an otoscope at your doctor's office. Let the doctor record tympanic membrane activities and decide the future course of treatment.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have more questions

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Otoscope

doctor1 MD

When I look in my 4 yr olds ear with an otoscope he has a black hair like object. Its texture looks like a stitch. What would that be? For at least six months now he has had swollen glands and lymph nodes throughout his neck, is there any connection between the two?

doctor1 MD

I was cleaning my 4 year old's ear with a qtip and he moved and I didn't think it went in too far....all of a sudden it started bleeding. It bled for about 3 minutes and stopped. I asked if he was in pain and he said no. He was running around 5 minutes later with his twin and younger brother fine the rest of the evening. I looked with an otoscope and didnt see any forgein objects in there but because of the blood I couldn't see his ear drum. Should I take him to urgent care or wait for an appointment for regular pedestrian or ENT doctor? Or am I overracting? I have 5 boys and this has never happened.

doctor1 MD

Hello, just yesterday I started feeling dizzy with some pressure above my ears on both sides. My family moved to the central valley of CA. a couple years ago and my wife and I both have experienced allergy symptoms that we've not had before, like...

doctor1 MD

When I am lying on my right side to sleep, after a few minutes it will pop and continue every few minutes.

doctor1 MD

I accidentally went to deep cleaning my 2 year old daughter 's ear. She cried for like two minutes and then I realized she was bleeding..the bleeding stopped and she is acting normally...I don't know what to do.

doctor1 MD

My 10 year old student jumped from the diving board in the water at swimming lessons this morning and is now complaining of ear pain. Otoscopy shows redness and bulging at the eardrum. It doesn t look like swimmer s ear. Heat did not help. Trying Ibuprofen.

doctor1 MD

My 18 yr old son wiped out while tubing on a lake 2 days ago. He does have a relatively small hole in the middle of his eardrum (I have an otoscope). Will this heal up or will he require surgery. He has kept a clove of garlic (to prevent infection) and a piece of cotton (to prevent air) and kept water away from it.