FOR BREAST CANCER & ONE BREAST REMOVAL, I WAS GIVEN
Herceptin doesn’t trigger oral lichen planus
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have gone through your query.
Herceptin doesn’t trigger or aggravate oral lichen planus.
It's not related to lichen planus.
I hope to have answered your query.
I would be happy to answer any further queries.
Very uncommon for cancer to develop in oral lichen planus lesions
It is very uncommon for a cancer to develop on oral lichen planus lesion but is a potential danger especially with ulcerated lesions.
The chances are less than 0.1 percent.
Oral lichen planus lesions clear slowly taking more than 18 months.
Only 10-20 percent patients of oral lichen planus under follow up went into complete remission.
Not very effective treatment options
I don’t have much experience in the use of laser light and PUVA therapy for treating oral lichen planus. However the studies have shown that they are not very effective treatment options.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs