Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Eyelid swelling with white bumps inside. Permanent damage? Can I wear lenses?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1173 Questions
My eyelid started to become swollen and I appeared that I had white bumps on the inside. Now its been a few days and the swelling is worse. The white of my eye is mushy and it changes shape Jheng pressure is applied. Am I at any risk for permanent damage? How can I cure this. I wear contact lenses and have no food or other allergies. I'm a cop and I have work tomorrow.
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
You seem to have a eyelid infection,which has progressed slightly to the white of the eye.You can start treatment by having hot foamentation,give warm compresses to the eye thrice a day today and morning and evening later on .
You can have oral antibiotics as well to control swelling .
we would like you not to use contact lenses till your eyes become better.
This is a small problem which is not supposed to last for more than a few days and it does not leave any permanent damage to the eye at all.
In nut shell warm compresses,oral antibiotics,local antibiotic drops and avoiding contact lenses for the time being will do the trick for you.
Please do get back to me in case of a problem.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Eyelid swelling with white bumps inside. Permanent damage? Can I wear lenses? 24 hours later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 39 minutes later
You are welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor