Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Eye is hurting, feeling weird and tender to touch. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Hi I'm having the weirdest feeling . My eyes hurt and feel weird and I feel spacey when I look at things it's hard to explain. It happened before and goes away and comes back . There kind of tender to touch
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I would like to know some more details on the problem you have to understand better and opine specifically.
Do you feel like there is increased pressure in the eye balls ?
Do you have blurred vision ?
Do you see redness in the eyes ?
Have you taken any medication for the problem ?

Waiting for your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Eye is hurting, feeling weird and tender to touch. What should be done? 9 minutes later
No increase pressure , no blurr vision , I don't see redness in the area and I haven't taken any meds
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

The description of the symptoms you provided fits briefly into a condition called Glaucoma specially in its initial stages.The intermittent presentation, mild dull pain in the eyes and tenderness on touch.

I suggest you to consult a Opthalmologist who can perform a test on you called Tonometry which measures pressure inside the eye ball.The test is very sensitive and can identify the condition in its early stages.Initiating the treatment in early stages will ensure maximum safety from the condition.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor