Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Eye injured while playing. Feeling pressure in eye. What is the reason and how to get relief?

Aug 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 362 Questions
hi doc. gm. I injured my left eye while playing cricket. I misplayed a cricket ball and it hit directly to my left eye. for some moment i was completely out of vision in that eye and then gradually it came back. but the problem i am facing right now is when I will enter a marginally dark place or dark place from bright daylight outside, my left eye vision decreased compared to my right and I used to feel an increased pressure kind of sensation in my left eye. what is the reason and how to rectify it or it will be a lifelong problem from nowonwards for me. kindly help. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 54 minutes later

Any eye problem should not be left neglected. You should have gone yourself to an Ophthalmologist for this eventhough you wouldn't be symptomatic as eye is a very important organ of our body.
Now, the reason for your symptoms can be a mild bleed inside the eyeball which is interfering in the clear vision and so may be the reason for your pressure kind of symptom.
Go to an Ophthalmologist, get a thorough check up done and he/she will guide you further. Rectifying this problem without showing to an eye doctor is difficult.
I hope you understand. Wish you all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Eye injured while playing. Feeling pressure in eye. What is the reason and how to get relief? 19 minutes later
Dear doc,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion but kindly answer my question completely, i.e. can it be curable completely after consulting an ophthalmologist. I am a first time user of this site so did not know whom to ask and asked like that thinking I will be getting my answer from an ophthalmologist. further suggestion regarding my question will be more helpful.

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 10 minutes later

You can select that you are not satisfied from this question, select for specialist- Ophthalmologist- and the XXXXXXX will direct you to an Ophthalmologist. Nobody, without seeing a patient can answer if the problem is fully curable or not.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor