Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Extreme suspicious nature. Is there a remedy ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
Dear doctor, I am in a relationship for last 6 years with a guy. The problem I face with him that he is very suspicious by nature. Any SMS if I forward him he will ask me who has sent, if I tell him he will not believe. He will try to call my friends to know if I ambtalking to them. I have tried to breakup with him many times but he will always start crying or he will start saying that he will die without me. Till the time I don't speak to him he will continuously SMS or call ,it can be any time of the day or nite. After a gap of 7 to 10 days he will begin again. What should I do? Do you think he is normal? He does not like to be with anyone and will like it if I am with him all the time. Do you think he needs to take any medicine. He does not sleep much , and when he is having such suspicion he will not eat too..
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

It is very usual for friend to have some suspicion over opposite sex friend but from your description it is clear that your friend is excessive suspicious on you which appear abnormal to me. Apart from that he is showing abnormal behavior whenever you avoid him with sleep and appetite disturbance.

There may be several reasons for this, like:
-personality related issues in your friend
-psychiatric illness
-substance like alcohol induced disorder. Irrespective of problem

Following steps will help you:
-Do not tell your friend that he has some problem as he will never accept it.
-Do not eliminate your contact with him suddenly, as it is emotionally very traumatic to him and he may become violent towards you or towards self or toward others.
-If you are not interested in relationship with him then slowly decrease and stop contact with him.
-If necessary then involve yours and his family members or friends in the problem solution.
-If he is ready, then visit psychiatrist for help. He can come to psychiatrist if you tell him: that you want conflict resolution in relationship after counseling from psychiatrist.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor