Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Extreme pain on right side. Had massages. is there anything to relax the muscle?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
I have extreme pain on my right side as I clean for a living and use mostly my right side. I have had many massages and visits to the chiropractor but nothing seems to help for verl long. Is there anything I can take for my muscles to relax?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wear and tear injury can be treated with drugs

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am sorry for your troubles and what you might be enduring with the pain but do not despair as there are several treatment options available.
Your right-sided pain is mostly due to wear and tear injury i.e long term use of muscles and bones of that side can lead to gradual wearing-out, which can lead to nerve and muscle pain.
I would have loved to know exactly what right side of your body is paining i.e right shoulder, right chest, right upper abdominal quadrant, right flank, right illiac fossa etc as the different location will be able to help me decipher with good probability which part of your body might be affected. As the pain might have a treatable cause and ones it is not treated, you will keep experiencing the pain irrespective of the pain killers or muscle relaxants such as Cyclobenzaprine, Carisoprodol, Methocarbamol etc. The pain might basically be of nerve origin, hence require specific antineuralgic medications to deal away with the pain. Some antidepressants such as amitrityline can help treat such chronic pains.
Do let me know which part of the body is hurting and I will be able to help you further.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor