Experiencing vibration and tingling sensation in hand. Taking medicine for HBP. What is the problem?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have recently experienced transient bout of vibrations in my right arm with a tingle in the hand. I am 65 years old and retired for 10 years. My medication at present is for elevated bp. Can you suggest what the problem is?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
A transient bout of vibration restricted only to the right hand and mild tingle is related to a nerve root irritation or compression may be at the level of cervical spine. If there is no associated pain or neck stiffness or restriction of the arm movements then an inflammation is not likely.
You can start with methylcobalamin supplements and avoid using a pillow. In case the problem persists then consulting an orthopedician for a detailed physical examination is recommended.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.