Experiencing tingling and numbness after carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve surgery. Is there any damage?
Thanks for writing to us,
Normally it take 6 to 8 months (sometimes a few years) for complete recovery of normal function.
It also depends upon the type of surgery, with the open carpal tunnel surgeries giving better results than the endoscopic and the minimally invasive ones.
If you still find your condition is worsening, it is advisable to intimate your surgeon about the left arm status, since there are possibilities of failure of nerve reconstruction, entrapment after the surgery,resulting in the worsening of your condition. Wait till this gets resolved before you get operated on your right arm as well.
Let me know if you had further questions
thank you and take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Numbness after carpal tunnel surgery
- After carpal tunnel release
- Prasugrel carpal tunnel surgery
- Pain after carpal tunnel surgery
- Carpal tunnel after mmr
- Symptoms after carpal tunnel surgery
- What is the recovery period after carpal tunnel surgery
- Driving after carpal tunnel surgery
- After carpal tunnel surgery
- Burning after carpal tunnel surgery