Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Experiencing testicle pain. Blood test normal. Worried for testicular cancer

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
Hi, I have been experiencing some symptoms with my right testicle which have become pretty strange and making me freak out. I am a 24 year old male.

Two and a half years ago I began experiencing pain in my right testicle, it would ache for a few days to weeks and disappear. Ive been checked out by my general care doctor twice and he has not noticed anything. I also had blood tests that showed I was healthy, although this was more than a year and a half ago. However, about 4 days ago I had my first pains in this are for quite some time. They wont go away and I am starting to get worried. When I run and wear jeans, or even walk for a while my testicle gets a dull ache that radiates to my abdomen. I also noticed my sac is a little red and warm, but due to being a hypochondriac I have the tendency to poke and prod areas that hurt, and I have been constantly checking for bumps and comparing my two testicles. The right one seems slightly larger, also seems heavier and I notice it when I am having a pain. I am really freaking out that it is testicular cancer and dont have the health insurance to get an expert opinion. I can go to my school doctors for free, but they have told me twice not to worry and I think they may be just trying to get rid of me. I know there could be other things wrong, but the symptoms fit testicular cancer, and I am in the right age group. I felt a pinch lifting one day in that region and was wondering if this set it off maybe. I am trying to avoid the area and hoping it goes away, but it is hard. Please help, I am really in a panic and cant sleep and stop thinking about it.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Pain in the testicular region can be attributed to:
1. Trauma
2. Inflammation/infection.
3. Varicocele
4. Hydrocele.
5. Pain due to kidney stone can also radiate to the testicular area.

In your post you have not mentioned about any history of trauma.
So, an infective or inflammatory cause can also be thought of, such as orchitis or epididymo-orchitis.

Under such condition, you need to take antibiotics along with analgesics under the guidance of a Urologist.
Investigation like Complete blood count, Urine analysis & Ultrasound scan of abdomen & the scrotal region will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Please don't get too much concerned with the possibility of having a Testicular cancer, it presents with a whole lot of other symptoms.

There is nothing to worry, you will be fine.
Also avoid wearing tight underwear & trousers which cause pressure to the testicular area.

Wishing a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Experiencing testicle pain. Blood test normal. Worried for testicular cancer 26 minutes later
After Masturbating one time a day, this pain will come slowly to high and this pain is still having up to 7 days and after no pain. I'm a habit of Masturbating daily once. Is this any problem. i'm wearing loose underwear & trousers. When i'm having a pain in right testicle which is a little red colour and warm. i'm fear about that. Please suggest which doctor i consult for this problem. Do i need to go Ultra Sound Scan. ?
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

Thanks for your follow up query.

1. First of all remove all myths & misconceptions from your mind about masturbation.
In fact, Masturbation is completely normal & doesn't have any bad effect to the body and mind.
Regarding the problem of pain, it can be due to the underlying infection/inflammatory process.

2. The redness, pain & warmth are considered as cardinal features of inflammation.

3. Kindly consider a Urologist for your symptoms.
Appropriate management steps will be taken based on complete history, physical examination & co-relating the findings with investigation reports.

4. Ultra Sound Scan of the scrotum will be helpful in detecting any problem in the structures present in that area, including any abnormality in the blood vessels (varicocele) or fluid accumulation (hydrocele)

Hope I have been able to answer your queries.
Please let me know if you have any further query.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor