Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Experiencing stomach ache with tightness and burping. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1985
Answered : 140 Questions
I have had stomach cramping,bruping wind and can not eat every time I eat a bit of food my stomach tells me I'm full and then I vomite up my food.Also my stomach feels tight and sucked in. This has been for two weeks
My 41 male
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 2 hours later

Thanks for contacting Healthcare magic.

Your symptoms can be due to a problem in stomach or small intestines. This can be related with diabetes or can be a independent problem.

This can be due to diabetic gastroparesis, gastric or duodenal ulcer, non-ulcer dyspepsia, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth etc.

My advice to you will be that you should contact a physician or a gastroenterologist in your locality. he can further investigate to find the cause for your symptoms and treat accordingly. Investigations may include few blood tests, endoscopy, ultrasound examination and CT scan abdomen etc.

If you have any other questions you can ask me here.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Experiencing stomach ache with tightness and burping. How to get relief? 15 minutes later
Is there any risk to my self at the monent and how would they treat this.
As I work away and no doctor out here I fly home in 15 days,can I take anything for this in the mean time Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 29 minutes later

I am not sure what medicines will be available at the place where you are located.

I am writing names of some medicines that you can try till the time you see a doctor. You should take Tab NEKSIUM 40 mg twice a day before meals, Tab DOMPERIDOME 10 mg thrice a day before meals, Tab RIFAXIMIN 200 mg thrice a day after meals.

As far as risk is concerned, I will not be able to tell you regarding this. But I think there should not be immediate risk to your life.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor