Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Experiencing severe pain in chest and spinal cord is hurting. How to get rid of pain?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Hi, I am 24 years old and for 3-4 years at this period time of the year I experience a severe pain in my chest like a choking pain right at the back and the pain moves to my spinal cord and both the chest and spinal cord are hurting me at the moment I have been going through the pains for 2 days and will need a help or guidelines on what to do, the pain is getting more intense.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cold intolerance Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Sorry about your current health status. I have read your query with diligence. This season of the year is Cold as you know. It is normal for people to experience such kind of a pain due to lean body mass, cold intolerance, and several other factors. I experience such symptoms in this season as well. Here are my suggestions to you: - Keep yourself warm and covered up by warm clothes. - for the pain, you could take Motrin or Panadol as and when required for a few days. - You may want to get an Electrocardiogram done to make sure your heart is normal. In my view, it should be normal. - Also, get your serum or blood calcium levels checked as low calcium levels can cause this kind of a pain as well. - Also, get your hemoglobin level checked. Overall, this is not a serious condition. You need not worry much about it. Follow my suggestions. Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Experiencing severe pain in chest and spinal cord is hurting. How to get rid of pain? 11 minutes later
Reply to Dr. Shanthi.E Hello Dr Dr. Shanthi.E, I keep feeling the pain this period of the year and this has been re-occurring for the past 3-4 yrs , I've been an accident victim when I was a kid at the age of 7 so I don't know if I should worry about that and the recent occurance of chest pains/spinal cord. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Additional investigation can be added Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX It is highly unlikely that the accident when you were 7 yrs old is affecting you now. However, I would suggest you to also get a plain x-ray of the chest and x-ray of the spine done to rule out any remnant traumatic injury due to the accident. Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor