Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Experiencing severe contractions in uterus. peri-menopause. Using heating pad and muscle relaxants. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
Yes. I'm experiencing severe contractions in my uterus. I'm in my early 50s. I have been experiencing peri-menopause for at least 4 years. The contraction has now lasted for over 6 hours. A heating pad and muscle relaxants are doing nothing to eleviate the pain.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 28 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I presume that you have not yet attained menopause. This symptom could be due to a SUB-MUCOUS fibroid which is getting expelled(not so common), or else the culprit could be:
1) ovarian torsion, which can present with similar symptom.
2) Pedunculated fibroid torsion
3) Anything related to gastrointestinal tract (usually associated with vomiting or lose stools)
4)Acute Pelvic inflammatory disease (uncommon, as there is no abnormal white vaginal discharge).
Hence, I advise you to get a scan of pelvis done. Scan will tell about uterus (any fibroids, endometrial thickness), ovarian pathology, adnexal problem, any other mass abdomen.
For such severe pain I usually give injection Hyoscine (buscopan) and Tramadol for my patients.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor