Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Experiencing severe chest pain. Diagnosed with 85% heart blockage. What are the risks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
My friend was experiencing severe chest pain and went to the are hospital - to discover he had 85% heart blockage. A stint was inserted. That's all the detail I have. How much if any, beer may this patient consume? He adores Miller Lite and would like this as a "get-well gift", however, only if it can be allowed.
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 11 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
Provided you are not overweight and you are able to maintain your weight with diet and exercise you can consume one can (about 300 cc small can not XL can) of your favorite beer at one go (in one days time). More than that can be harmful for your heart. And I hope you are following up with your doctor and taking your preventive drugs regularly. Good Luck.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor