Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pulsating pain in neck and upper chest. Diagnosed with hills sachs lesion. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 102 Questions
49 year old female with symptoms of menopause experiencing pulsating pain on left side of neck and aching feeling in chest and body. diagnosed with hills sachs lesion on right shoulder few months ago. feels like bone is broken in center of upper chest, uncomfortable feeling when I lay on right side.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 12 hours later

Thank you for sharing your problem.

Your problems are

1.     Pulsating pain neck- it could be due to blood vessels or due to muscle spasm

2.     Upper chest pain - could be due to decreased bone strength as with postmenopausal osteoporosis or even due to rib fracture. Rarely it could come from spin as well

3.     Hill sach's lesion - can be managed by shoulder exercise and surgical options

Therefore, I suggest you get your blood tests, chest x-ray, Doppler study of neck and bone density estimation by DEXA scan and Vitamin D assay.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor