Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

139 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Experiencing pain in rib and tingling sensation on legs and feet. East way to get cure?

Answered by
Dr. Rishma Lakhani


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 266 Questions

Posted on Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Question: have pain in right ribs in a located area...This is worse when carrying groceries for example...Also experiencing slight tinglingling in legs feet and most of my body
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 54 minutes later

Would like to know whether you experienced such a pain for the first time or you had similar experience earlier also?
Secondly do you have diabetes?

The pain in the ribs most probably would be due to muscle pull or muscle spasm, as you have pain specially when you are carrying the groceries.

This would be relieved by muscle relaxants, you can try out with the common muscle relaxant and it would help you. Avoid lifting heavy weight till the pain subsides.

Regarding the tingling in the feet, I would advice you to get your sugars tested once and also get vitamin B-12 levels done.

Lets see what the reports are.

Till then you can start with multivitamins specially B-complex which might reduce the tingling sensation.

Don't worry, take care

Dr. Rishma Lakhani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Muscle relaxant

doctor1 MD

after a knee replacement my friend is in severe pain - oxycodone/acetaminophen 10/325mlg & Carisoprodol (Soma) 350mlg is not touching the pain. She is in FL her dr. is away - can she double the oxy? She is a larger size & maybe the dosage is not enough. She will call the dr when he returns but for now????

doctor1 MD

I had bladder surgery on Tuesday. I am a 44 year old female weighing 250 pounds, am confined to a wheelchair and my ms has been spiralling downward throughout the summer. After surgery, when the anesthesiologist removed the breathing tube, I began having severe chest spasms and breathing problems. He said that if he could not get them under control, they would have to keep me in the hospital. They were able to give me muscle relaxers and valium by IV which worked, after giving me pills which did not work. Early this afternoon, I began wheezing, and it has gradually gotten worse. What could be going on?

doctor1 MD

is it okay to take cyclobenzaprine 10 mg for muscle spasms aong with soma 350 mg for same and tramadol 50 mg for pain from knee arthroscopic surgery?? he wants to take it at night so he can sleep, he pulled a muscle while preparing for his procedure yesterday. thank you.

doctor1 MD

I have been diagnosed with spondylothesis of the L5 and S1 region. I have had an mri and x-rays for my back. I had an epidural injection(2) in Nov in my back which seemed to help the pain going down my legs for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I...

doctor1 MD

I am suffering fron acidity and insomnia from last 12 years. i have taken many antacids and musle relaxants treatments. I am doing daily execise, nad taking diet care also. but problem is arising often .please suggest me where can I get cure for my problem

doctor1 MD

Since yesterday, I have a sharp pain in my right leg at the knee, and above, and the right buttock. It s sharp, stabbing pain in the knee and buttock. Nothing seems to help it (e.g. Ibuprofen , changing position (standing, sitting, laying,...

doctor1 MD

I have had pretty sharp pain under my left shoulder blade for the past three days. I was thinking a pulled muscle but I am wondering if it could be something else. It seems to be a little high to be an organ but I am not sure. It is at the bottom...