Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain in chest below right breast and difficulty in breathing. Any underlying problems?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2577 Questions
I am experiencing pain in my chest below my right breast. Th pain lasted for about 15 mins during which I couldnt move freely or breathe easily. I have experienced such pain in the past as well on a couple of occassions. Could you please tell me what underlying problems I maybe facing if any. Do suggest tests or expert consultation if needed.
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cardiogenic pain is less likely...

Detailed Answer:

I do not find any serious organic cause that can explain the short right breast pain. It may have been triggered by an episode of anxiety. However before concluding this pain as anxiety related, all physicians including me would like to perform set of investigations including ECG.

If you happen to experience similar pain, I would recommend you to visit emergency services at the nearest hospital. ECG and other routine blood test can be performed to exclude serious causes beyond doubt.

Hope this helps. Write back for further enquiries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor