Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain in belly after sex. Connected to miscarriage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
When I have sex,I feel some pain under my belly,does it have anything to do with a miscarriage I had 3 years ago?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 days later
Thanks for the query,
Pain during sexual intercourse is called Dyspareunia.

A miscarriage 3 yrs back might not directly cause Dyspareunia.

However, it can give rise to Endometriosis (a painful condition of uterus).
This may be the cause for your pain.

Apart from this, an ovarian cyst can also give rise to pain during sexual intercourse.

I would advise you to get an Ultrasonography of abdomen and pelvis.

This will clear the picture, and will be helpful in diagnosing your condition.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor