Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain behind eye and temple area with headache. What could be the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
My wife is experincing pain behind her right eye and temple area. Sudden onset. Has had a headache most of the day.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that you should see a physician immediately as in my opinion your wife could be suffering from Giant cell arteritis which leads to headche and pain over temporal region . Although since many other possibilities exist like some local eye pathology also needs to be ruled out it is very necessary to get her examined . A CBC , ESR , an eye examination will be required at least . Only after examination exact cause can be determined and treatment will be according to that . I think you should see a doctor early for this . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor