Experiencing pain behind eye and temple area with headache. What could be the cause?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: My wife is experincing pain behind her right eye and temple area. Sudden onset. Has had a headache most of the day.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that you should see a physician immediately as in my opinion your wife could be suffering from Giant cell arteritis which leads to headche and pain over temporal region . Although since many other possibilities exist like some local eye pathology also needs to be ruled out it is very necessary to get her examined . A CBC , ESR , an eye examination will be required at least . Only after examination exact cause can be determined and treatment will be according to that . I think you should see a doctor early for this . Take care. Dr. Shruti