Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain and swelling in leg. Feeling weakness. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I am experiencing pain in Calf right leg and now it has spread to both legs including thighs and ankle and foot. Slight sweeling in ankle was experienced but it is not permanent. Also a light gery XXXXXXX is there in right leg calf area. Feeling weakness and sometimes nominal temperature. I had consulted a MD and my blood report was ok only slight MPV was high.
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.
Since there are many causes for pain in calf muscles and legs,I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to answer.
Since when you are having these problems?
Are you suffering from diabetes or hypertension?
Do you consume alcohol or do smoking?
Do you work in conditions which are very warm and humid and result in lot of sweating?
What blood tests have been done by you and what are the reports?
Do you consume any medication regularly?
Do you do regular exercises?

Waiting for your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Experiencing pain and swelling in leg. Feeling weakness. Which specialist should I consult? 36 hours later
I have been experiencing this problem from last one month.
In past I have do not have any complaints regarding Diabetes or Hypertension.
Yes I consume alcohol 2-3 days a week , I do not have smoking habit but i smoke occasionally.
No I do not work in warm conditions.
Test have been done for CBC , SGPT, and urine on recommendation of Physician and after reviewing the report Doctor had confirmed it was ok.
No I have not consumed any medication for any other reason except for pain in my legs in past one month.
No I do not exercise regularly.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
At your age the most common cause and likely explanation could be lack of VIT B12.Other cause could be deficiency of Calcium and VIT D.
Please get tested for these and if found deficient take proper medication for these in consultation with your doctor.
However if you don't have these causes,then a proper search for the causes have to be made which may include
Peripheral artery disease
Varicose veinsĀ  XXXXXXX vein thrombosis etc.

Slight high MPV could be a normal finding and has to be monitored on regular basis,as a persistent rising trend would have to be investigated further.

Please get back to me in case you have something else to ask.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor