Experiencing pain and burning sensation while having sex. Any medicine to get relief?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Women Sexual Problems
Question: Hi Doctor,
Im writing in behalf of my wife. Its just one month we are married. My wife is experiencing pain and burning sensation while having sex. She is not able to have pleasure while doing intercourse, which leads to loss of interest in it. Could you help us out. Is there any medicine she could take to overcome the pain?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 27 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

For a better advice you should give me answers to the following question.
1.     Is she suffering from any type of discharge? If yes, then what is its color and smell?
2.     Is there any itching sensation?
3.     What about you? Do you feel any burning sensation during passing urine?

I will tell you about what to do after having these information.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 21 minutes later
Thanks for the reply.
I did not understand what u meant by discharge.So far, no discharge other than lubrication. She doesnt have any itching problem. Only pain and burning sensation while having sex. I dont have any problem while passing urine and im fully satisfied while intercourse.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 21 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

I asked you about the white discharge.

Look, this type of pain and burning sensation during intercourse, is seen in some conditions like – inadequate lubrication and any vaginal infection.

In case of inadequate lubrication, this situation can arise due to increased pain sensation. It is the most common cause of this type of situation. What you have to do is just concentrate on the foreplay. It will enhance the vaginal secretion. In women, arousal takes more time than in male. So, just increase the time of foreplay and you will have the result.

Now, in case of any type of infection of female genital tract which is otherwise asymptomatic, this type of situation can arise. Mose common causative organism is candida. In this condition, your wife will experience white discharge, which may be curd like sometimes. This discharge is generally associated with itching sensation near the vulva. Infection due to other organism may occur which may get transmitted from you. As you have told that you do not have any symptoms, then this is not possible.

In my opinion, first you have to increase the foreplay time. If that does not give your wife any relief, then you have to consult with gynecologist for clinical examination in the search of any underlying infective condition and also for ordering required investigations and for further management.

Hope you have your answers. You can ask me if you have any more query.

Regards.