Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Experiencing lower stomach area/abdominal pain. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions

I have been experiencing lower stomach area/abdominal pain for several months. At times it is constant and it really hurts to stand for long periods of times. Other times its random and comes and goes. Its not cramping, but almost feels like little needles on the inside of me. It doesnt hurt when i press on it, but standing is almost unbearable when it come son full force. What could this be? Thank you, XXXXX
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 56 minutes later
Hello XXXXX and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Attempting to visualize your extreme pain in your lower abdominal region, my first take is you should get examined clinically at the earliest as it already into months now.

Going by your written history in brief - it may be difficult to write you a single diagnosis here. However, I will have some important considerations which may figure out in the list of most possible ones after your visit to your doctor.

1. At your reported weight/sex/age - the first thing to be checked is the gall bladder. Though the chances seem less as this pain would really be severe and more towards left upper region.
2. Appendicitis - is another common condition. Though the presentation may vary, the pain region shifts from central to lower down.
3. Uterus conditions/menstrual issues - As you do not seem to have any related history, less chance again.

The tests that may be required obviously are ultrasonography and specific blood test profiles as desired to clinch the diagnosis. And you would prescribed antispasmodics to relieve the pain. If any infection found within - a course of antibiotics would be added. A surgeon's consultation is necessary at the earliest.

Meanwhile, go easy on diet - cutting out fizzy/spicy/oily foods.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.


Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor