Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Experiencing itchy burning stinging rashes all over body. Suggest the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6171 Questions
Hi I'm 26 me and my friends are experienceing itchy burning stinging rashes over body in various sizes mine started on back and knees with dots fast spreading up onto face and even on head can be pain full even went down onto feet also were all at a function lastnight were few were sick there one had spots on back the other had fever and the third was a child with swollen glands please help
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

From the information you have provided: itchy, different stages of development, contagious and affecting multiple people with fever, it points to chicken pox.
Chicken pox is caused by a herpes virus. This rash will become water filled, then pus, gets burst and heal all by itself.

Treatment consists in the following:
1. Disinfecting the skin with a lotion like chlorhexidine
2. Use antihistamines to relieve the itches(chlorphenaine), paracetamol for pain and fever.
3. Antibiotics to control for infection if lesions are extensive.
4. Protect others by avoiding coming in contact with them.

If you have ever had this before, you are protected for life and you can never suffer from it again. You will however need to XXXXXXX and get evaluated by your doctor to confirm the above suspicion and use locally available drugs to help you.

The swollen glads in the child represent lymph nodes trying to contain the infection.

I hope this answers your query and provides guidance on how to approach and resolve this problem. I wish you all a speedy resolution of symptoms.
Feel free to continue the exchange if need be and I will gladly respond.

Dr. Ditah, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor