Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

128 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Ask a Urologist   »  

Experiencing itching on penis head with white substance on it. What treatment is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
from the past few days I am experiencing itcing in my head of penis. When it itches, a white substance also appers from it. It itches a lot. Please help me regarding this. My age is 26 yrs and I recently got married in XXXXXXX Please help.
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
You description is suggestive of bacterial or fungal infection of the foreskin or head of the penis.
Things that would help are.
1.     Get sugar levels checked and bring under control, if diabetic.
2.     Hygiene - please retract the foreskin and clean the area daily during bath.
3.     Application of antibacterial/ anti-fungal ointments twice daily for one week.

Before doing all these, please get yourself checked with a surgeon / urologist to see how tight the foreskin is and if it requires any surgical procedure.

Wishing you good health
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Experiencing itching on penis head with white substance on it. What treatment is required? 28 hours later
Thanks for the reply.

Can you please tell me the same of some medicine which I should take alongwith some antibacterial/ anti-fungal ointments which could help me in getting this cured.

Also, I am not diabetic, non-smoker, non-drinker.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 39 minutes later

Welcome back.
Soframycin/ fucidin ointments/ creams should help.
Pls apply twice daily after bath/ cleaning the area.
Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist