Experiencing itching on penis head with white substance on it. What treatment is required?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: Hello,
from the past few days I am experiencing itcing in my head of penis. When it itches, a white substance also appers from it. It itches a lot. Please help me regarding this. My age is 26 yrs and I recently got married in XXXXXXX Please help.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
You description is suggestive of bacterial or fungal infection of the foreskin or head of the penis.
Things that would help are.
1.     Get sugar levels checked and bring under control, if diabetic.
2.     Hygiene - please retract the foreskin and clean the area daily during bath.
3.     Application of antibacterial/ anti-fungal ointments twice daily for one week.

Before doing all these, please get yourself checked with a surgeon / urologist to see how tight the foreskin is and if it requires any surgical procedure.

Wishing you good health
Best regards
DR GS

Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 28 hours later
Thanks for the reply.

Can you please tell me the same of some medicine which I should take alongwith some antibacterial/ anti-fungal ointments which could help me in getting this cured.

Also, I am not diabetic, non-smoker, non-drinker.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Hyderabad.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 39 minutes later

Welcome back.
Soframycin/ fucidin ointments/ creams should help.
Pls apply twice daily after bath/ cleaning the area.

DR GS