Experiencing headache and erectile dysfunction. Will it be safe to take viagra?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Question: i had my blood pressure taken at Walmart and it read 166 over 91. I had eaten hot wings and caesar salad about a half hour prior. I'm 34 6 foot tall and weigh 250 pounds. I have also have been experiencing headaches on the right side of my head for a couple weeks and have slight problems keeping an erection. What can I/should I do about this and (can I take/get prescribed viagra?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You can take Viagra.
No problem.

The pressure is a little high.
It must be checked a few more times – to make sure.
If high, it needs treatment.
For a long life, life-long treatment will be required.

The level of pressure is not high enough to account for the headache.
It is better to have physical examination and basic investigations.
ECG, kidney function, Lipid profile are all routine. Fundus (eye) needs to be seen.
Your Internist will help.

To sum up, you need further assessment and assistance / subsequent follow up from your physician.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck