Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Experiencing groin pain radiating to femoral artery. No hernia. Had hysterectomy with vasopastic angina

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
I have experience unexplained right sided groin pain for over six months. The pain radiates down the femoral artery. No hernia detected. I'm female, status post hysterectomy 2002, with Vasospastic Angina and possible porphria and vasculitis. Looking for an explanation for the pain and possible treatment. I do not tolerate medications well.
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Hello Hann,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Nsah and I am pleased to be able to assist you.

Well looking through your description especially the location of the groin pain, it will be wise to start by letting you know the most likely possible causes of right-sided groin pain
- enlarged lymph nodes: which is ruled out because of absence of palpable mass
- Inflammation of the large or small bowel: Now we could be thinking of colitis, appendicitis, diverticulitis etc. Your will need to see a gastroenterologist who can run some tests, do an abdominal scan and if bowel problem discovered then treatment could follow
- Muscle strain: Is the most likely cause given your age and the fact that hernia was already ruled out. If this is so, you will simply require some antiinflammatory both orally and locally with physical therapy to help improve movements. An orthopedic surgeon could be of better help.
- UTI: very possible. You will need urinalysis to confirm this
- chronic Pelvic inflammatory diseases: you will need to consult a gynobs or your primary care doctor to run some tests, pelvic scan etc
- vasculitis: with a history of vasculitis, that will also be a possible cause that will require being looked upon with a doppler ultrasound or MRI or CT scan.

So you see from my above description that based only on your description of symptom, no specific cause can determined without going through all of the above to confirm which one is causing you the pain.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor