Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Experiencing giddiness and started perspiring. What test and medication is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cardiologist, Interventional
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 424 Questions
my age is 57 year male today I experience giddiness and started perspiring hence I went to the doctor and my pressure was 160/100 should I go for further test or medication will do?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

You should undergo tests. Initially get echocardiography of your heart and ECG (Electrocardiogram) done. If they turn out to be normal then need to undergo TMT after control of BP (Blood Pressure).

If there are any abnormalities in any of these tests the cardiologist will direct you regarding what needs to be done next.

Yes, considering your BP level you do need to start your BP medicines. I understand that you have been started on Amlip-5 mg. Please continue the same.

If need be you may please get back in touch with me after the tests are done.

Regards and wishing you quick recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor