Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Experiencing erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Looking for remedy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 529 Questions
I am 62 yrs of age I am now experiencing some sexual problems like weak erection and qiuck ejactulation what could be the problem and the remedy
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 14 minutes later
The commonest cause of a weak erection is advancing age. At 62 years of age, your erections are probably not going to be as good as they were 30-40 years ago. If you have the intention to have intercourse, i.e.if libido is good, it is highly likely that your testosterone levels are normal. You are likely to respond to drugs belonging to a group known as Phosphodiesterase inhibitors, the most famous of which is Viagra.
However, before you start using these medications,you should ensure that you have no cardiac conditions or issues which might have a bearing on treatment. You should not be on a group of medications called Nitrates. If after being initiated on treatment, you are happy with the erections but find that the ejaculation happens before you desire, you can try using drugs to your penis head to reduce the sensitivity as well as oral medication like dapoxetine which will help retard ejaculation. However these are prescription medications, and you will not be able to get them across the counter.
Hope I have been able to answer all your questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor