Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Experiencing electric shock feeling in fingers. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
In the past few months, I have experienced electrical shocks (5 times) including yesterday and today in my left finger tips on my index, middle and ring finger. It just pops up and the pain is awful . It only last for 5 to 10 seconds. The only way to make it subside is to push my fingers backwards and squeeze them until the pain stops. What kind of physician should I see for this condition? I also have pins and needles feeling running down my right arm from elbow to finger tips
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 39 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your query,
The symptoms you are called parasthesias and usually associated with disease of the peripheral nerves (either compressions or irritations called peripheral neuropathy).
I suggest you make an appointment with A NEUROLOGIST. He shall be of great help. Treatment ranges form prescription vitamin complexes, ions, steroids, non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, at times tricyclic anti depressants and at times might necessitate surgery depending in the cause.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor