Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Experiencing discomfort in abdomen below rib cage. Cat scan and endoscopy normal but BP dropping. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1524 Questions
Hi Dr. I've been experiencing low grade discomfort in my upper abdomen on the left side below the rib cage. Its worst when i'm sitting at my computer at work it pretty much goes away when I lie flat. I've had a cat scan and endoscopy and both came out clean. Recently my blood pressure has been dropping last week I ended up in the ER with BP of 88 over66. They had me stop taking my BP med lisinopril but my blood pressure is still low in the 105 range. Along with my upper abdomen pain I have experienced intermitten muscle pain in my pecs, back and arms.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Appears to be musculoskeltal pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It appears to be musculoskeltal pain as:
1.It becomes worse in sitting position and relieves on lying done
2. Also CT abdomen and endoscopy were normal
3.Presence of intermittent pain in back and arms

So for this take an analgesic like acelofenac along with muscle relaxant like metaxolne or tizanidine and may apply local acting analgesic ointment like voilini gel. Avoid antihypertensive and monitor blood pressure regularly. In case it is increased then you may restart it

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor