Experiencing cramp like pains in lower abdominal area during ejaculation. Suggest?

Dr. Nsah Bernard

Posted on Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: I'm experiencing cramp like pains in lower abdominal area during ejackualation.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You could be suffering from prostate disorder

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

If you are experiencing some pain when you are ejaculating then it might be coming from your prostate gland (gland responsible for semens production). If you have a disorder such as prostatitis (inflammation/infection of the prostate) or prostate hypertrophy then you could experience some pain during ejaculation.
Other conditions such as urinary tract infections (cystitis, ureteritis, urethritis etc) could result to lower abdominal pain when voiding or ejaculating.
Less likely you may be suffering from a psychological problem.
To find the cause of painful ejaculation, a semen sample and urine sample taken after ejaculation (post ejaculation urine analysis) may be taken. A urethral swab may be taken to see if there is any infection, such as a sexually transmitted infection. All physical causes that could be responsible for this need to be ruled out and if none is found, then some behavioral techniques to relax the muscles of the pelvic area need to be applied.
When the cause is prostatitis the use of medications such as ‘alpha blockers’, muscle relaxants, analgesics, and some anti-inflammatory drugs may help. Specific antiviral and antibiotic medications can be given if the cause of painful ejaculation is due to an infection. You will require a script for this.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah