Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Experiencing choking pain in chest and spinal cord is hurting. What could be the reason for pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
Hi, I am 24 years old and for 3-4 years at this period time of the year I experience a severe pain in my chest like a choking pain right at the back and the pain moves to my spinal cord and both the chest and spinal cord are hurting me at the moment I have been going through the pains for 2 days...
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need examination and investigation Detailed Answer: Hi friend, See an Internist / get yourself examined / at times, basic investigation may be necessary... Pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on. Your symptoms do not suggest Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). But I would definitely consider EKG / X-ray (Chest and/or Spine) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – as it is necessary for further assessment and assistance. The pain that you describe may also be from lungs, Spine, Oesophagus - any one may be contributing. However I would first exclude heart related condition before looking for other cause. Your local physician will know about the test and can tailor it based on his assessment of the situation. Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor