Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

124 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Experiencing chest pain and having tremors in hands. What is the treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 1778 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: About 2 years ago I started experiencing dull achy chest pain. Feels like pressure. Sometimes at rest but mostly brought on by movement like sex, walking, while walking up a hill etc. When walking it's like I'm short of air my husband says. I have experienced a couple different times in the last couple months where I've suddenly gasping for air when doing nothing. Not lying down either. Yesterday it happened again. This weekend I had trouble with reoccurring chest pain. Then I had it for hours yesterday evening. I checked my bp which is generally 90/60 sometimes over 50. I got up to 147/90 highest. And stayed around 137/89. My face flushed for about 2 hours maybe more. And my husband noticed my hands tremoring. I could kinda feel tremoring in my whole body. My mother passed for Ihss at 35. My grandfather passed from ihss at 60. And my uncle was diagnosed at 25.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need an evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms that you describe may possibly fit for IHSS with low blood pressure and sometimes higher side. The description of chest pain is also described in literature. However dizziness, blurring of vision are also the manifestation of IHSS. At this point there is a need to evaluate and rule IHSS (Idiopathic Hypertrophic subaortic stenosis) with 2D ECHO in the wake of strong family history. Were you thorough and regular for annual physicals? Did you ever say this to your primary doctor during regular visits? Once IHSS is not a possibility we can think about other non life threatening conditions. Hope this finds a need to reach out to the doctor and get tested.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Hypotension

doctor1 MD

I d like to know if HcG Diet can cause slow heart rate (50-54 beats a minutes) and low blood pressure (118/72). I am 31 years old. 5 6 tall. weight is 187lbs. I have also been battling an infected tooth. Not sure which is causing me to be fatigued/shortness of breath. Otherwise I ve been very healthy. Dentist has me on Keflex since yesterday.

doctor1 MD

Severe kidney pain with history of stones have seen none pass, is it possible it's stuck. Tachycardic, with high blood pressure, usually hypotensive. Liver pain associates last labs show very high ALT, AST alkaline phos. Have no insurance or income and everytime I go to an ER I end up staying a week because of my heart and nothing else is resolved. What should I do?

doctor1 MD

I'm 33 years old with low blood pressure every time I get it checked. The low blood pressure has been going on for years. I just thought I normally have low blood pressure. It was 92/50 las time it was checked. I am 5'2" 165lbs. I gained 15lbs with my pregnancy. My delivery lasted 33 hours and was very stressful. I have loridosis, back pain, heat sensations in my left leg, chest pain and shortness of breath. I just recently went to get checked out by the doctor about dizzy spells and my heart stopping and rapidly starting back. I was diagnosed with RBBB. I'm really scared, because I can feel that my heart is not working like it should. I have a lot of stress with family matters and I would say since I was 13 I've had ongoing high anxiety. I know that is not healthy. What would you say are the reasons that I have RBBB.

doctor1 MD

I am a 20 year old female, 5"4 and 125 pounds, and lately my heart has been palpetating immediately after eating certain foods. I have a heart murmur and regular dizziness and fatigue and low blood pressure. At times my heart will feel like its beating out of my chest and im not emotionally upset or exerting myself. I work out regularly. what should I do?

doctor1 MD

I have high blood pressure(165/110) and was put on Lisinoprin 3 weeks ago and it has come down about 30 points...however i have head aches and have shortness of breath . I wake up at night and feel like i'm not getting enough oxygen . I weigh 260...

doctor1 MD

I have copd . My blood pressure is usually around 126/70. The past couple of days it has been around 118/64. I also take benazapril . Should I be concerned? I've started a mild exercise program with a physical therapist for the past month. I am 70...

doctor1 MD

I may a rash from Epsom salt. I used it for my sore knee. The rash is all over my body. I have felt nausea in the stomach and weakness.