Experiencing chest pain and having tremors in hands. What is the treatment?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: About 2 years ago I started experiencing dull achy chest pain. Feels like pressure. Sometimes at rest but mostly brought on by movement like sex, walking, while walking up a hill etc. When walking it's like I'm short of air my husband says. I have experienced a couple different times in the last couple months where I've suddenly gasping for air when doing nothing. Not lying down either. Yesterday it happened again. This weekend I had trouble with reoccurring chest pain. Then I had it for hours yesterday evening. I checked my bp which is generally 90/60 sometimes over 50. I got up to 147/90 highest. And stayed around 137/89. My face flushed for about 2 hours maybe more. And my husband noticed my hands tremoring. I could kinda feel tremoring in my whole body. My mother passed for Ihss at 35. My grandfather passed from ihss at 60. And my uncle was diagnosed at 25.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need an evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms that you describe may possibly fit for IHSS with low blood pressure and sometimes higher side. The description of chest pain is also described in literature. However dizziness, blurring of vision are also the manifestation of IHSS. At this point there is a need to evaluate and rule IHSS (Idiopathic Hypertrophic subaortic stenosis) with 2D ECHO in the wake of strong family history. Were you thorough and regular for annual physicals? Did you ever say this to your primary doctor during regular visits? Once IHSS is not a possibility we can think about other non life threatening conditions. Hope this finds a need to reach out to the doctor and get tested.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli