Experiencing burning sensation in chest and unable to sleep properly. Worrisome

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I am 32, male. I am experiencing an irritation ( sort of burning) in the left side of my chest for the past couple of days. As a result havent been able to sleep properly as well. My doctor says its due to acidity but am
Not convinced.Also, i have recovered from hepatitis A a few days back.. I have no medical
History and am fairly active. please advise as am a bit worried about this.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 37 minutes later
Hepatitis A is not related to chest pain or burning sensation at all. I think your physician is correct regarding diagnosis of gastritis.

If you are having severe chest pain then it is serious condition. However, at your age it very less likely that cardiac problem occurs. Just for precaution, you can get your ECG done from your physician.

Don't worry too much, you’re nearly normal healthy adult.

Hope I have answered your query. If any doubts, then please let me know.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E